Gloria Estefan is bringing the rhythm to the Broadway stage.
The singer, along with her husband, Emilio Estefan, have teamed up with theater owner and production team, the Nederlander Organization, to develop a new musical based on her rise to stardom, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“We are very excited to share this story, which is based on hope, determination and the belief that with hard work and passion, our dreams can become reality,” Gloria said in a statement.
Gloria hopes the show, which will focus on her journey from Cuba to Miami to crossover star with hits like “1-2-3” and “Rhythm is Gonna Get You,” will give them a new opportunity to honor our roots and, hopefully, to be able to inspire generations to come.”
No word yet on whether the as-yet-untitled show will feature any of Gloria’s biggest songs.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Artists Send Support after Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert
- Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Kills Fans at Manchester Arena
- Drake Gushes Over Céline Dion, Contemplates New Tattoo
- Nicki Minaj Helps Provide Clean Water to Village in India
- Lady Antebellum Cover ‘Hey! Baby’ for ‘Dirty Dancing’ Soundtrack
- Camila Cabello’s Solo Album Features Ed Sheeran Co-Written Song