fun. Discuss Their GRAMMY Nomination And Getting Over Stage Fright
“It’s been crazy. We had never really done television before this year and it all just gets easier and easier every single time,” frontman Nate Ruess said. “I started out as someone who had spent stage 10 years having stage fright. I only got over it this year. So, now the television stage fright is starting to lessen and lessen too.”
It’s a good thing his stage fright is diminishing as fun. will perform on music’s biggest stage on February 10. They’re also nominated for a slew of GRAMMYs including Record of the Year for “We Are Young” featuring Janelle Monae, Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album for Some Nights, Song of the Year for “We Are Young,” as well as Best New Artist and Best Pop/Duo/Group Performance for “We Are Young.” While the guys are honored to be nominated in all six categories, they said they’re most proud of the Album of the Year recognition.
“It recognizes the entire body of work,” Jack Antonoff said. “We love all of our songs. It’s cool to be nominated for ‘Some Nights’ and ‘We Are Young’ but to be nominated for 11 songs versus 1, it’s just kind of math.”
The GRAMMYs air February 10 on CBS.
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch: Pharrell Cries As People Dance To “Happy”
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized For Severe Allergic Reaction, Cancels Shows
- Are Jay Z & Beyoncé Touring Together This Summer?
- Pharrell’s New Song is ‘Here’ From the ‘Spider-Man 2′ Soundtrack
- Courtney Love Doesn’t Like Bruce Springsteen’s Music Because…
- Ed Sheeran Admits Doubting His Single “SING” With Pharrell