The Strokes’ New Album “Comedown Machine” Due March 26
The Strokes will release their awaited fifth studio album, Comedown Machine, on March 26. The album’s first single, “All the Time,” is “coming soon,” according to a press release from the band’s label, RCA.
Earlier this week, the band released album track “One Way Trigger” as a free download on Soundcloud, with many critics likening the song’s main synth melody to A-ha’s ‘80s favorite, “Take on Me.” The tune was followed by an accompanying stylized lyric sheet, posted to lead singer Julian Casablanca’s official website.
According to the Guardian, a tech-savvy fan poking around on the Strokes’ website scooped the band when he stumbled across the cover art for Comedown Machine, leaking the image to the public by posting it to the Reddit website.
Comedown Machine will be the first Strokes album since 2011 release, Angles.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- This Is Great News If You Have A 4th Grader At Home
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Announces Their New Cast For Season 21
- Watch: Miranda Lambert and Friends Playfully Cover Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’
- Miley Cyrus Trolled with ‘Miley, What’s Good?’ Comments on Instagram
- Azealia Banks Thinks Miley, Taylor, and Nicki Make Basic Music
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About New Song Dedicated to Her Late Father