The Strokes will release their awaited fifth studio album, Comedown Machine, on March 26. The album’s first single, “All the Time,” is “coming soon,” according to a press release from the band’s label, RCA.
Earlier this week, the band released album track “One Way Trigger” as a free download on Soundcloud, with many critics likening the song’s main synth melody to A-ha’s ‘80s favorite, “Take on Me.” The tune was followed by an accompanying stylized lyric sheet, posted to lead singer Julian Casablanca’s official website.
According to the Guardian, a tech-savvy fan poking around on the Strokes’ website scooped the band when he stumbled across the cover art for Comedown Machine, leaking the image to the public by posting it to the Reddit website.
Comedown Machine will be the first Strokes album since 2011 release, Angles.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani