The Strokes’ New Album “Comedown Machine” Due March 26
The Strokes will release their awaited fifth studio album, Comedown Machine, on March 26. The album’s first single, “All the Time,” is “coming soon,” according to a press release from the band’s label, RCA.
Earlier this week, the band released album track “One Way Trigger” as a free download on Soundcloud, with many critics likening the song’s main synth melody to A-ha’s ‘80s favorite, “Take on Me.” The tune was followed by an accompanying stylized lyric sheet, posted to lead singer Julian Casablanca’s official website.
According to the Guardian, a tech-savvy fan poking around on the Strokes’ website scooped the band when he stumbled across the cover art for Comedown Machine, leaking the image to the public by posting it to the Reddit website.
Comedown Machine will be the first Strokes album since 2011 release, Angles.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Gwen Stefani Working with Pharrell on New Solo Album
- U2 Become Eligible for 2015 GRAMMYs by Releasing Limited-Edition ‘Songs of Innocence’ Vinyl
- Annie Lennox Talks Feminism, Calls Beyonce ‘Feminist Lite’
- Watch the Video for Paul McCartney & Wings’ ‘Call Me Back Again’
- New Found Glory Claims One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Copies One of Their Songs
- Adam Levine Goes Psycho in Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video: Watch