The question refers, of course, to a now-famous photo from President Obama’s inauguration ceremony, where former President Clinton is seen leaning out from behind VP Joe Biden to ‘check out’ Kelly Clarkson, who was on stage singing “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee.” The look on Clinton’s face is hilarious–and has everybody speculating what might have been on his mind.
Kelly, though, thinks it was just a matter of practicality — he simply wanted to get a better view of what was going on. “Everybody keeps saying that. But it wasn’t stadium seating where we were seated,” she explains. “We were all standing directly behind [one another]. So all of us up on the stage were doing that. They just caught him.”
Kelly, of course, had a scheme to try and get back at Clinton during a later Washington White House reception, with a nutty photobomb of her own–which she described to Minneapolis station Buz’n 102.9. Her scheme, however, was sadly thwarted by Clinton’s enduring popularity (in other words, the crowds around him).
Kelly also told US99.5 she’s a fan of another White House resident — Michelle Obama. She describes the First Lady as “pretty rad,” and by way of example tells how, during the inaugural ball, she truly ‘got the party started.’
“Everbody was sitting down,” says Kelly. “And all of a sudden she stood up, and she was dancing, and I was like, ‘What?!’ And everybody got up, it was like they were waiting for it to be OK. She totally brought the house down when she stood up and started getting into it. It was amazing.”
Just partied at the White House ….I kid you not, Michelle Obama stood up and got the party started ….seriously cool First Lady :)
— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) January 22, 2013
– Steve Koscik, US99.5/Chicago and Kurt Wolff, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’