Barry Manilow Compares Himself To Justin Bieber During Broadway Opening Night
Despite his soaring popularity with permit licensed teens and obsessive paparazzi, Justin Bieber still hasn’t had a number one single in the U.S. Despite this fact, Barry Manilow, who’s created several chart topping singles, feels he and Bieber are cut from the same cloth.
“I was the Justin Bieber of the ’70s,” Manilow said during opening night of his extensive Broadway residency. “Really. Just ask your mother.”
Last night, Manilow was finally able to take the stage after canceling several performances last week due to bouts with the flu and bronchitis.
“I have hacked up enough phlegm to float Fire Island,” laughed the Brooklyn born singer as boxes of tissues lined the stage in case of emergency.
In two hours, Manilow’s performance takes a stroll through his life with both commentary and songs, which include hits like “Mandy,” “I Write The Songs” and “Trying to Get the Feeling Again.”
The show runs through March 2 with the six cancelled performances rescheduled to accommodate fans.
Check here for more information about Manilow on Broadway.
-EJ Judge, WCBSFM/NYC
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Katy Perry Explains That ‘Mean Girls’ Tweet Everyone Thinks is About Taylor Swift
- Katy Perry Goes Beast Mode at Super Bowl Press Conference
- Taylor Swift Hacker Claims to Have Nude Photos for Sale
- Jared Leto’s Ups and Downs: The Good, the Bad & the Totally Crazy
- Adam Lambert Unveils Next Album Title: ‘The Original High’
- Tom Petty Addresses ‘That Sam Smith Thing,’ Laments That News Picked Up the Story