Barry Manilow Compares Himself To Justin Bieber During Broadway Opening Night
Despite his soaring popularity with permit licensed teens and obsessive paparazzi, Justin Bieber still hasn’t had a number one single in the U.S. Despite this fact, Barry Manilow, who’s created several chart topping singles, feels he and Bieber are cut from the same cloth.
“I was the Justin Bieber of the ’70s,” Manilow said during opening night of his extensive Broadway residency. “Really. Just ask your mother.”
Last night, Manilow was finally able to take the stage after canceling several performances last week due to bouts with the flu and bronchitis.
“I have hacked up enough phlegm to float Fire Island,” laughed the Brooklyn born singer as boxes of tissues lined the stage in case of emergency.
In two hours, Manilow’s performance takes a stroll through his life with both commentary and songs, which include hits like “Mandy,” “I Write The Songs” and “Trying to Get the Feeling Again.”
The show runs through March 2 with the six cancelled performances rescheduled to accommodate fans.
Check here for more information about Manilow on Broadway.
-EJ Judge, WCBSFM/NYC
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Single Again: Semisonic – ‘Closing Time’
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs
- Justin Bieber Compares Himself to Princess Diana After Being Rear-Ended By Paparazzi
- Miley Cyrus Lashes Out at Media For Going After Her Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt, Has an Arrest Warrant
- Justin Bieber Accused of Attempted Robbery at Dave & Buster’s