Mumford And Sons Premiere Two New Music Docs On Showtime In February
Six-time 2013 GRAMMY nominees Mumford and Sons have announced that the band’s two new music documentaries, Mumford & Sons: The Road to Red Rocks and Big Easy Express, will debut on the Showtime cable network in February. It will be the worldwide television debut for both films.
Mumford & Sons: The Road to Red Rocks documents the British folk-rockers’ sold-out two-night stand at Colorado’s legendary Red Rocks amphitheater. Shot by directing duo Fred & Nick, the doc comes complete with interviews with the band and more behind-the-scenes footage. It premieres on Friday, February 1, 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Big Easy Express follows Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and Old Crow Medicine Show’s 2010 tour of America aboard a vintage train, traveling from Oakland, CA, to New Orleans, LA. The film is directed by Emmet Malloy, best known for turning out The White Stripes: Under the Great Northern Lights. This doc makes its debut on Friday, February 8, 8 p.m. ET/PT, followed by an encore showing of Mumford & Sons: The Road to Red Rocks.
Mumford & Sons are set to perform at the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards on Sunday, February 10, with the show starting at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Among the band’s six nominations is Best Rock Song for “I Will Wait” and Album of the Year for Babel, the act’s second studio full-length which debuted at #1 on the Billboard album charts with more than 600,000 copies sold during its first week of release in September 2012.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo