Conor Maynard Takes On GRAMMY’s® Female Nominees
Who deserves to win the Best Pop Solo Performance award at the 55th Annual GRAMMYs? It’s a tough call — the field is full of amazing hit tracks, all sung by female artists. Who could choose between last year’s GRAMMY award sweeper Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepsen, Katy Perry and Rihanna?
Radio.com sat Conor Maynard down and made him handicap the field for us — he talks about his favorites and who might take home the GRAMMY.
After a change for the 54th Annual Awards last year, which condensed the category from separate awards for male and female performers to a single category for Best Pop Solo Performance, it is interesting that all of the nominees are female.
Adele took this award home last year — in an almost all female group of nominees, Bruno Mars being the single male to make the cut. Would it be fair for her to win again on a live track? Or should fresh blood get a chance in the winner’s circle?
-Courtney E. Smith, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion