Conor Maynard Takes On GRAMMY’s® Female Nominees
Who deserves to win the Best Pop Solo Performance award at the 55th Annual GRAMMYs? It’s a tough call — the field is full of amazing hit tracks, all sung by female artists. Who could choose between last year’s GRAMMY award sweeper Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepsen, Katy Perry and Rihanna?
Radio.com sat Conor Maynard down and made him handicap the field for us — he talks about his favorites and who might take home the GRAMMY.
After a change for the 54th Annual Awards last year, which condensed the category from separate awards for male and female performers to a single category for Best Pop Solo Performance, it is interesting that all of the nominees are female.
Adele took this award home last year — in an almost all female group of nominees, Bruno Mars being the single male to make the cut. Would it be fair for her to win again on a live track? Or should fresh blood get a chance in the winner’s circle?
-Courtney E. Smith, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Listen to ‘Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz’ Album
- Why is The Weeknd being Chauffeured by John Travolta in New Apple Music Ad?
- Justin Bieber Drops His Sexy ‘What Do You Mean?’ Video
- Watch: Nick Jonas Drops New Video for ‘Levels’
- MTV VMAs 2015: Complete Winners List
- Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus Trade Shade from the VMA Stage