It seems after all these years, fetch might finally happen.
On last night’s SAG Awards red carpet, Tina Fey told E! News the dream of making Mean Girls: The Musical is getting closer to a reality.
“I’m trying to develop it with my husband, who does all the music for 30 Rock,” Fey explained. “And I think Paramount’s onboard.”
Fey is so sure that the studio will say yes to the musical, she’s already started thinking about who should star in the project.
After seeing Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj fight it out Mean Girls-style on American Idol (Mariah even claimed she was no Regina George), she thought the “Heartbreaker” singer would be the perfect choice for Regina’s mom, originally played by a pink-sweat suit clad Amy Poehler in the 2004 movie.
As for who could play Regina, we think Taylor Swift could be the perfect choice. At this year’s Golden Globes, the sweet country starlet gave Adele the stank eye after losing Best Song and proved she could channel her inner-mean girl.
And who knows, this might give Tina and Taylor a chance to make nice after those dating comments.
Who do you think would make a good Regina George?
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Macklemore Teases Kesha Collaboration
- Green Day Debut Anti-Trump Video for ‘Troubled Times’
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 7 Inspiring Tracks from James Arthur’s ‘Back from the Edge’
- Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Announce 2017 Tour Dates
- Drake Approves of Sasha Obama’s Fashion Choices
- Idina Menzel Announces 2017 Tour Dates