Norah Jones To Sing ‘Ted’ Theme At Oscars
Norah Jones will be gracing the Oscar stage this year in honor of a foul-mouthed little teddy bear.
The singer will perform the Seth MacFarlane penned “Everybody Needs A Best Friend” from his directorial debut, Ted.
“When my friend Seth MacFarlane invited me to perform the theme song from his movie TED at the Academy Awards (which he is hosting), I couldn’t say no!,” Norah wrote on her website. “I had a great time recording this song with Seth, and was thrilled to learn that the song was nominated for an Oscar. Getting to perform it at such a prestigious event that my friend is hosting is a once in a lifetime opportunity.”
Norah even rescheduled a date on her upcoming Australian tour, which kicks off in February, so she could be present for the big night.
The Ted theme will be up against songs from the documentary Chasing Ice, Life of Pi, Les Miserables, and Skyfall. Adele is also confirmed to perform her Bond theme at the Academy Awards on February 24. If the jazzy number takes home the statue for Best Original Song, MacFarlane will become only the second person in history to win an award while hosting.
This isn’t the first time Norah, who just released her Little Broken Hearts Remix EP digitally, has sung alongside the Family Guy creator.
She appeared on MacFarlane’s big band debut, Music Is Better Than Words, in 2011. MacFarlane’s GRAMMY-nominated release also featured Sara Bareilles.
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fans Call for Beyoncé to Boycott Dress Designer After Supposed Racist Comment
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch
- Interview: Gavin Rossdale on Bush, Gwen & Being Young and Dumb
- Taylor Swift Announces New Song ‘Welcome to New York': Listen to a Preview
- Coldplay to Release Live Album, DVD Called ‘Ghost Stories Live 2014′ This November
- Gwen Stefani Just Wants a Little Honesty on New Track, ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Listen