Morrissey In Hospital, Cancels Some U.S. Tour Dates
According to a statement from the singer’s publicist, Morrissey hopes to reschedule six canceled U.S. dates including Asheville, NC; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA, Lawrence, KS; Clear Lake, IA; and Lincoln, NB.
What was believed to be bladder infection landed him in a Royal Oak, Michigan hospital over the weekend.
The Smith’s former frontman has a long history of canceling shows for a variety of reasons. But this time the singer’s bleeding ulcer is responsible for keeping him off the stage. According to a statement from his publicist, “Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his U.S. tour.” Ironically, the current schedule is a continuation last year’s tour which was canceled when Morrissey flew home to England to be with his mother who had been hospitalized.
According to his PR team, the 53-year-old British crooner is expected to resume the tour with his February 9th show at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.
— Jay Tilles, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW
- Beyoncé Recreates ‘7/11′ Video to Celebrate Gay Marriage Equality
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Interview: Adam Lambert on ‘The Original High,’ ’80s Covers, Queen and Broadway