According to a statement from the singer’s publicist, Morrissey hopes to reschedule six canceled U.S. dates including Asheville, NC; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA, Lawrence, KS; Clear Lake, IA; and Lincoln, NB.
What was believed to be bladder infection landed him in a Royal Oak, Michigan hospital over the weekend.
The Smith’s former frontman has a long history of canceling shows for a variety of reasons. But this time the singer’s bleeding ulcer is responsible for keeping him off the stage. According to a statement from his publicist, “Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his U.S. tour.” Ironically, the current schedule is a continuation last year’s tour which was canceled when Morrissey flew home to England to be with his mother who had been hospitalized.
According to his PR team, the 53-year-old British crooner is expected to resume the tour with his February 9th show at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.
– Jay Tilles, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’