According to a statement from the singer’s publicist, Morrissey hopes to reschedule six canceled U.S. dates including Asheville, NC; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA, Lawrence, KS; Clear Lake, IA; and Lincoln, NB.
What was believed to be bladder infection landed him in a Royal Oak, Michigan hospital over the weekend.
The Smith’s former frontman has a long history of canceling shows for a variety of reasons. But this time the singer’s bleeding ulcer is responsible for keeping him off the stage. According to a statement from his publicist, “Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his U.S. tour.” Ironically, the current schedule is a continuation last year’s tour which was canceled when Morrissey flew home to England to be with his mother who had been hospitalized.
According to his PR team, the 53-year-old British crooner is expected to resume the tour with his February 9th show at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.
— Jay Tilles, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’