‘Two Black Cadillacs’ Shows Carrie Underwood’s Dark Side
If Carrie Underwood’s music videos were true, then “Two Black Cadillacs” would be proof that her criminal actions are escalating.
In her new music video for “Two Black Cadillacs,” Carrie’s character has resorted to murder after she learns her man has been cheating on her.
Carrie has admitted the song was rather dark.
“When we were writing ["Two Black Cadillacs"], the story was just so juicy,” she said. “It’s such a visual song, you can see it all playing out in your head when you’re listening.”
She wasn’t lying.
“Two months ago his wife called the number on his phone/Turns out he’d been lying to both of them for oh so long/They decided then he’d never get away with doing this to them,” Carrie sings as she brings the song to life in her latest music video.
In addition to performing at the GRAMMYs, Carrie Underwood is also nominated for two GRAMMYs this year: Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song, both for her single “Blown Away.”
Tune into the 55th GRAMMY Awards on Feb. 10 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
-Nanci Haskin, WYCD/Detroit
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Gwen Stefani Working with Pharrell on New Solo Album
- U2 Become Eligible for 2015 GRAMMYs by Releasing Limited-Edition ‘Songs of Innocence’ Vinyl
- Annie Lennox Talks Feminism, Calls Beyonce ‘Feminist Lite’
- Watch the Video for Paul McCartney & Wings’ ‘Call Me Back Again’
- New Found Glory Claims One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Copies One of Their Songs
- Adam Levine Goes Psycho in Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video: Watch