‘Two Black Cadillacs’ Shows Carrie Underwood’s Dark Side
If Carrie Underwood’s music videos were true, then “Two Black Cadillacs” would be proof that her criminal actions are escalating.
In her new music video for “Two Black Cadillacs,” Carrie’s character has resorted to murder after she learns her man has been cheating on her.
Carrie has admitted the song was rather dark.
“When we were writing [“Two Black Cadillacs”], the story was just so juicy,” she said. “It’s such a visual song, you can see it all playing out in your head when you’re listening.”
She wasn’t lying.
“Two months ago his wife called the number on his phone/Turns out he’d been lying to both of them for oh so long/They decided then he’d never get away with doing this to them,” Carrie sings as she brings the song to life in her latest music video.
In addition to performing at the GRAMMYs, Carrie Underwood is also nominated for two GRAMMYs this year: Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song, both for her single “Blown Away.”
Tune into the 55th GRAMMY Awards on Feb. 10 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
-Nanci Haskin, WYCD/Detroit
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Stamos Calls Out Olsen Twins for Saying They Weren’t Told About ‘Fuller House’ Reboot
- Hootie and the Blowfish to Reunite on ‘Late Show with David Letterman’
- Watch Sesame Street’s ‘Avengers’ Parody
- Prom, Performance & A Date: 8 Celebs Who Crashed a High School Party
- Taking Your Kid to a Pink Concert Is a Totally Fine Parenting Move, Judge Rules
- Nate Ruess Debuts New Song ‘AhHa': Listen