‘Two Black Cadillacs’ Shows Carrie Underwood’s Dark Side
If Carrie Underwood’s music videos were true, then “Two Black Cadillacs” would be proof that her criminal actions are escalating.
In her new music video for “Two Black Cadillacs,” Carrie’s character has resorted to murder after she learns her man has been cheating on her.
Carrie has admitted the song was rather dark.
“When we were writing ["Two Black Cadillacs"], the story was just so juicy,” she said. “It’s such a visual song, you can see it all playing out in your head when you’re listening.”
She wasn’t lying.
“Two months ago his wife called the number on his phone/Turns out he’d been lying to both of them for oh so long/They decided then he’d never get away with doing this to them,” Carrie sings as she brings the song to life in her latest music video.
In addition to performing at the GRAMMYs, Carrie Underwood is also nominated for two GRAMMYs this year: Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song, both for her single “Blown Away.”
Tune into the 55th GRAMMY Awards on Feb. 10 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
-Nanci Haskin, WYCD/Detroit
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo