Lady Antebellum Get Sassy With New Single, ‘Downtown’
The first song off their upcoming album, “Downtown,” is a punchy, playful song with a funky beat, cool harmonies, and some sassy lead vocals from Hillary Scott.
“There’s some sass to this track that makes it really fun to sing,” Hillary said in an announcement on Lady A’s website. “We thought it was a fun way to launch the next record and a fitting preview of what’s to come!”
Written by Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, and Natalie Hemby, “Downtown” is the first single from Lady A’s upcoming fourth album. The band has yet to announce a title or a release date.
“A a band, [we] were just ready to show a different side of us musically,” Charles Kelley told Entertainment Weekly. “[Own the Night] sounded a lot like what we had become known for in the past. There’ll still be songs on this record that sound familiar, but we just wanted to stretch our sound a little bit.”
“This song was a 180 for us,” echoed Dave Haywood, “and we fell in love with it. So we’re trying to go more for the roll down your windows, live show, entertaining, upbeat kind of stuff.”
“We really went into this album thinking about our live show,” said Hillary.
What do you think of Lady A’s sassy new single?
– Kurt Wolff, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW
- Beyoncé Recreates ‘7/11′ Video to Celebrate Gay Marriage Equality
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Interview: Adam Lambert on ‘The Original High,’ ’80s Covers, Queen and Broadway