Lady Antebellum Get Sassy With New Single, ‘Downtown’
The first song off their upcoming album, “Downtown,” is a punchy, playful song with a funky beat, cool harmonies, and some sassy lead vocals from Hillary Scott.
“There’s some sass to this track that makes it really fun to sing,” Hillary said in an announcement on Lady A’s website. “We thought it was a fun way to launch the next record and a fitting preview of what’s to come!”
Written by Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, and Natalie Hemby, “Downtown” is the first single from Lady A’s upcoming fourth album. The band has yet to announce a title or a release date.
“A a band, [we] were just ready to show a different side of us musically,” Charles Kelley told Entertainment Weekly. “[Own the Night] sounded a lot like what we had become known for in the past. There’ll still be songs on this record that sound familiar, but we just wanted to stretch our sound a little bit.”
“This song was a 180 for us,” echoed Dave Haywood, “and we fell in love with it. So we’re trying to go more for the roll down your windows, live show, entertaining, upbeat kind of stuff.”
“We really went into this album thinking about our live show,” said Hillary.
What do you think of Lady A’s sassy new single?
- Kurt Wolff, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- George Harrison Tributes Lined Up Around Reissue of Solo Albums
- How Milky Chance Graduated From Music Class To the World Stage
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ Star Slams Ariana Grande For Being Too Sexy
- Barbra Streisand Duets with Jimmy Fallon, Critiques His Singing on ‘Tonight Show’
- Listen to Big K.R.I.T.’s Remix of Alt-J’s ‘Every Other Freckle’
- Interview: Demi Lovato Talks World Tour, Twitter, and Her Love of Sam Smith