Jack White, The Lumineers, Ed Sheeran And Elton John Added To GRAMMY Line-Up
With this year’s star-studded 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards already boasting an all-star line-up of performers including fun., the Black Keys and Mumford and Sons, it has been announced that rockers Jack White, the Lumineers and singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran will also lend their talents to the proceedings.
Renaissance rocker Jack White, already a nine-time GRAMMY winner, boasts three nominations this year, including Best Rock Song for “Freedom At 21,” with his first solo full-length, Blunderbuss, up for Best Rock Album and the coveted Album of the Year award.
2012 breakthrough folk-rock act the Lumineers cap their stratospheric year with GRAMMY nominations for Best New Artist and Best Americana Album for their self-titled debut.
Also added to this year’s list of performers is a first-time duet between Elton John and Ed Sheeran.The latter culminates a successful year where his single “The A Team” had breakout success in America and saw his songs was recorded by the likes of pop stars Taylor Swift and One Direction on their most recent chart-topping albums, Red and Take Me Home, respectively. Sheeran is nominated for Song of the Year. According to a tweet from Sheeran, they will be performing one of his songs.
Announced early this week is a performance from Carrie Underwood, a five-time GRAMMY winner who is vying for Best Country Solo Performance with “Blown Away.”
The 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards airs February 10th at 8:00 p.m. on CBS.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen
- ‘Game of Thrones': The Musical? Coldplay Make It a Reality For a Good Cause
- Ed Sheeran Teams Up With Kermit the Frog For an Adorable Version of ‘Rainbow Connection’
- Kelly Clarkson Calls for Marijuana Legalization
- Get Up Close and Personal with Nate Ruess in NYC