While West Coast music obsessives are so thirsty for this year’s Coachella line-up that fans are creating fake newspaper headlines, the incredibly eclectic Governor’s Ball Music Festival in Randall’s Island, New York has announced a stellar line-up rife with indie favorites and upstarts alike performing over three dates, June 7, 8 & 9 2013.
Among the vast crop of emerging indie sensations are such acts as Azealia Banks, Robert Delong, Alt-J and Local Natives.
Maintaining a sense of mystery, the line-up announcement has one of the weekend’s headliners blocked out for a future unveiling.
Events such as a silent disco, lawn games and ping pong and (most importantly) free premium water refills add to the festivities.
New Yorkers have longed for their own multi-genre music festival. Going on its third year, event organizers appear to have created a successful event local music fans have been waiting for.
While holiday presale tickets at $160 for the weekend are sold out, “Earlybird” tickets for $190 are available until January 25. After that date, the price for general admission goes up to $205 until they eventually hit the full price of $220.
VIP tickets go onsale January 25 at $470, as do “Super VIP” passes, which top out at a substantial $1500, but include such amenities as a car service to and from the festival, prime viewing areas in front of all stages and even onstage viewing areas, “excluding headliners and select others”).
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’