Governors Ball Line-up Announced: New York On Heightened Indie Rock Alert
While West Coast music obsessives are so thirsty for this year’s Coachella line-up that fans are creating fake newspaper headlines, the incredibly eclectic Governor’s Ball Music Festival in Randall’s Island, New York has announced a stellar line-up rife with indie favorites and upstarts alike performing over three dates, June 7, 8 & 9 2013.
Among the vast crop of emerging indie sensations are such acts as Azealia Banks, Robert Delong, Alt-J and Local Natives.
Maintaining a sense of mystery, the line-up announcement has one of the weekend’s headliners blocked out for a future unveiling.
Events such as a silent disco, lawn games and ping pong and (most importantly) free premium water refills add to the festivities.
New Yorkers have longed for their own multi-genre music festival. Going on its third year, event organizers appear to have created a successful event local music fans have been waiting for.
While holiday presale tickets at $160 for the weekend are sold out, “Earlybird” tickets for $190 are available until January 25. After that date, the price for general admission goes up to $205 until they eventually hit the full price of $220.
VIP tickets go onsale January 25 at $470, as do “Super VIP” passes, which top out at a substantial $1500, but include such amenities as a car service to and from the festival, prime viewing areas in front of all stages and even onstage viewing areas, “excluding headliners and select others”).
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog