Chris Mann Wants To Play A Student On ‘Glee’
Hey Ryan Murphy, Chris Mann thinks you should write a part specifically for him on Glee.
Mann is no stranger to McKinley High and actually got his first break as a session singer for the show. The classical singer lent his voice to songs on episodes dedicated to Madonna and Lady Gaga before landing a role as an original member of The Warblers singing Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” and “Hey Soul Sister” by Train.
“That was my first time being on set, seeing what it’s like,” Mann told Radio.com. “Besides it being incredible hard… it’s so much fun, they’re really like running around putting on a play. It’s a blast.”
Soon though he decided he didn’t want to stand in the background forever (the 6-foot tall singer said he was put there because he was so much taller than everyone else) and decided to pursue his own career. A few years later, he earned a spot on The Voice as member of Team Christina and ended up finishing the competition in fourth place.
But now Mann, who released his debut album, Roads, last year, along with his holiday EP, Home For Christmas, is thinking it could be fun to return to Glee. “If Ryan Murphy would have me,” he said, right after offering to send the show’s creator his album so he could take a listen.
Though he’d love to hear the members of New Directions sing some of his own songs, he also suggested Murphy cast him as Mr. Schue’s nemesis or a new classical teacher or even a student who’s been left back a few too many times.
“I think that would be the most fun,” Mann said about playing a student. “Like, ‘how old are you?’ Don’t worry about it, I’m the same age as the rest of these people.”
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You