The “feisty queen of country music” (as The Talk cohost Sharon Osbourne described her) seemed genuinely thrilled to have the opportunity to perform during the music industry’s biggest award show. She will join fellow country stars Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, whose performances on the show have been previously announced.
In addition to performing, Miranda is also a GRAMMY nominee this year. Her most recent release Four the Record is up for Best Country Album. Which, of course, she sees as a great honor.
“Albums are like my babies,” she said on The Talk, “[they're] what I put all my energy into. The GRAMMYs are so exclusive, and it’s all genres, it’s everybody voting for you, so it just means the world to have a nomination, and to get to perform.”
Miranda Lambert’s latest single is “Mama’s Broken Heart.”
- Kurt Wolff, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’