Justin Timberlake Shatters Records With ‘Suit & Tie’
Justin Timberlake has proven he’s still a musical force to be reckoned with on his new song “Suit & Tie.” Billboard reports that his first single since 2006 debuted at No. 14 on the Pop Songs chart and received the most first-week plays on radio as well as generating the highest track debut by a male.
“Suit & Tie” surpassed Lady Gaga’s previous record of “Born This Way” with 4,602 plays in February of 2011. “Suit & Tie” garnered 6,045 plays last week.
Additionally, Timberlake took over the reign of biggest debut by a male artist on the Pop Songs chart. The previous record was held by Jon Secada’s “If You Go” in May of 1994.
Justin promises a new album in 2013. Titled The 20/20 Experience, fans can get a glimpse inside the recording studio by following him on Twitter.
— Justin Timberlake(@jtimberlake) January 21, 2013
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together