Justin Timberlake has proven he’s still a musical force to be reckoned with on his new song “Suit & Tie.” Billboard reports that his first single since 2006 debuted at No. 14 on the Pop Songs chart and received the most first-week plays on radio as well as generating the highest track debut by a male.
“Suit & Tie” surpassed Lady Gaga’s previous record of “Born This Way” with 4,602 plays in February of 2011. “Suit & Tie” garnered 6,045 plays last week.
Additionally, Timberlake took over the reign of biggest debut by a male artist on the Pop Songs chart. The previous record was held by Jon Secada’s “If You Go” in May of 1994.
Justin promises a new album in 2013. Titled The 20/20 Experience, fans can get a glimpse inside the recording studio by following him on Twitter.
— Justin Timberlake(@jtimberlake) January 21, 2013
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’