Justin Timberlake Shatters Records With ‘Suit & Tie’
Justin Timberlake has proven he’s still a musical force to be reckoned with on his new song “Suit & Tie.” Billboard reports that his first single since 2006 debuted at No. 14 on the Pop Songs chart and received the most first-week plays on radio as well as generating the highest track debut by a male.
“Suit & Tie” surpassed Lady Gaga’s previous record of “Born This Way” with 4,602 plays in February of 2011. “Suit & Tie” garnered 6,045 plays last week.
Additionally, Timberlake took over the reign of biggest debut by a male artist on the Pop Songs chart. The previous record was held by Jon Secada’s “If You Go” in May of 1994.
Justin promises a new album in 2013. Titled The 20/20 Experience, fans can get a glimpse inside the recording studio by following him on Twitter.
— Justin Timberlake(@jtimberlake) January 21, 2013
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay