Inside the Album of the Year: Frank Ocean ‘Channel Orange’
Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange was one of the most eagerly anticipated albums of 2012. After 2011’s highly acclaimed nostalgia, ULTRA mixtape, expectations incredibly high for Ocean’s debut album. Channel Orange didn’t disappoint: by year’s end, it was towards the top (or on the top) of nearly every critic’s poll, in magazines and blogs. As MTV News’s James Montgomery told Radio.com, “In five years, it will almost look bad if you didn’t have this album as number one, or very high on your list.” Watch our latest Inside Album Of The Year video to find out why Channel Orange was one of the big stories of 2012.
We spoke with experts, including Leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly, Anthony DeCurtis of Rolling Stone, James Montgomery of MTV, author Alan Light (The Holy or the Broken: Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, and the Unlikely Ascent of “Hallelujah”) and Booker from AMP Radio weigh in on the R&B singer’s road to the GRAMMYs.
Tune in to the GRAMMYs on CBS February 10 at 8PM EST/PST.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Single Again: 3 Doors Down – ‘Kryptonite’
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Four Day Pop Up Cat Cafe! Don’t Miss It!