fun. Wonder If The GRAMMYs Can Retract A Nomination
To say it’s been a whirlwind year for fun. is an understatement — their debut album Some Nights is a smash hit, and now they’re up for six GRAMMY nominations. But the boys are ready to see how things play out next month, although they expressed some concerns to 96.5 TIC/Hartford.
“Can they retract a nomination?” frontman Nate Ruess asked.
“If you do something horrible enough, I would imagine they can retract it,” joked Jack Antonoff.
“Like admit to using steroids?” Nate quipped.
“Metaphorical, musical steroids. This is not actually music,” Jack snapped back.
This will be the band’s first trip to the GRAMMYs, and before the nominations came out, they were planning to go just to live the experience.
“I was thinking that because we joined the Academy this year, we’d go either way,” Jack said. “It feels really good, to have wanted to go to witness it, and actually now have a reason to go.”
The band will have some stiff competition this year, but they’re not approaching the GRAMMYs with any rivalry in mind.
“We’re not really looking at it like a competition,” Nate explained. “We’re really happy to be nominated, especially in the company of Jack White and Frank Ocean. Everybody in every category is so amazing we’re just not competitive, we’re just happy to be in that company.”
-Bill Sencio, 96.5 TIC/Hartford
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy