fun. Wonder If The GRAMMYs Can Retract A Nomination
To say it’s been a whirlwind year for fun. is an understatement — their debut album Some Nights is a smash hit, and now they’re up for six GRAMMY nominations. But the boys are ready to see how things play out next month, although they expressed some concerns to 96.5 TIC/Hartford.
“Can they retract a nomination?” frontman Nate Ruess asked.
“If you do something horrible enough, I would imagine they can retract it,” joked Jack Antonoff.
“Like admit to using steroids?” Nate quipped.
“Metaphorical, musical steroids. This is not actually music,” Jack snapped back.
This will be the band’s first trip to the GRAMMYs, and before the nominations came out, they were planning to go just to live the experience.
“I was thinking that because we joined the Academy this year, we’d go either way,” Jack said. “It feels really good, to have wanted to go to witness it, and actually now have a reason to go.”
The band will have some stiff competition this year, but they’re not approaching the GRAMMYs with any rivalry in mind.
“We’re not really looking at it like a competition,” Nate explained. “We’re really happy to be nominated, especially in the company of Jack White and Frank Ocean. Everybody in every category is so amazing we’re just not competitive, we’re just happy to be in that company.”
-Bill Sencio, 96.5 TIC/Hartford
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyonce Celebrates Her Birthday With A ‘Crazy In Love’ Remix
- Snoop Dogg Slams ‘Deflategate’ Decision, Wants Player’s Marijuana Suspension Vacated
- Beyonce’s B-Day and the U.N. Campaign to Combat Climate Change + Inequality
- Harry Styles Loves Grammar, Fixes Fan Sign During One Direction Show
- Miguel Teams up with Make Room Organization to Sing for Single Mom in Private Concert
- Happy Birthday, Queen Bey!