Dido Is Back With ‘Girl Who Got Away’
With Dido’s latest album, her first since 2008, the singer is showing her off her many musical sides.
According to the singer, Girl Who Got Away, out March 26, is a mix of folk, pop, dance and hip-hop. One track, “Let Us Move On,” even features rapper Kendrick Lamar.
Though hip-hop seems like a stretch for the singer, we all remember Dido’s last foray with the genre, Eminem’s “Stan,” which sampled her song “Thank You” off of her 1999 debut, No Angel.
“[Girl Who Got Away] was an incredibly fun record to make,” Dido said in a statement. “On every other record I’ve made, there have been really tricky days. But there weren’t any like that on this one.”
Fans can check out the lyric video for her latest single, “No Freedom,” a quiet anthem that has her singing “No love without love, no freedom without love.”
Check out the tracklist for the album below.
- “No Freedom”
- “Girl Who Got Away”
- “Let Us Move On” feat. Kendrick Lamar
- “End Of The Night”
- “Sitting On The Roof Of The World”
- “Love To Blame”
- “Go Dreaming”
- “Happy New Year”
- “Loveless Hearts”
- “Day Before We Went To War”
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again: Watch And Hear Why
- Single Again: The Verve Pipe – ‘The Freshmen’