Watch Keane Perform A Full Concert On ‘Stageside Live’
As part of the “Stageside Live” streaming concert series, UK piano-powered rockers Keane performed a full show at Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater in Texas, which can now be watched in its entirety on demand at CBS.com.
“It’s just very exciting being here,” said Tim Rice-Huxley about performing in the States before the show. “Everything in England feels like it kind of looks up to American culture, especially when you’re kids. Then when you start coming here, everything is the stuff of legend. Even though we’ve done so many U.S. tours, it’s still exciting getting off the bus every morning. Just the fact that we’re in Austin, Texas, for the day is incredibly exciting, if you’re a musician especially.
“Bits of everyday culture that seem incredibly mundane to you guys is still exciting for us,” Rice-Huxley continued. “I find it exciting going to a diner and being able to order pancakes with maple syrup,” he added, eliciting a laugh from the band’s singer, Tom Chaplin.
Performing fan favorites such as “On the Road” and “Somewhere Only We Know,” Keane played for well over a perfectly-paced hour and a half, keeping the Austin crowd engaged and singing along throughout the rousing set, Watch the show below.
Keane have a handful of upcoming U.S. concert dates with special guests Youngblood Hawke, hitting Nashville (January 23), Detroit (January 27) and New York City (January 31), where they’ll perform at the legendary Radio City Music Hall before jetting off for a round of South American shows.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best