I Have Jury Duty… and I DON’T Want to Get Out Of It!
I’m one of those annoying people who truly believe that jury duty is my civic responsibility! I think the criminal justice system is immensely interesting.
And if I am ever in need of a trial, I would like to have a jury of my peers… not a jury of all the people who could not get out of it.
I was called to jury duty one other time, years ago. And I was picked to be on the jury to decide the fate of a corrections officer who was accused of shoplifting. She was totally guilty but there was enough reasonable doubt that we had to find her not guilty. I loved the process and I was the jury foreperson so I got to read the verdict!
I learned so much and met a lot of great court officers and my favorite judge… Judge Quinn.
But, my partner, Jim Douglas, wanted to get me in trouble this morning by telling everyone I wanted to get out of it and had people call with their best excuses and even a court officer that shared the worst excuses she’s heard over the years.
Susan, our court officer, shared some of the excuses she’s heard… like “I don’t speak English – in perfect English” and “I hate cops”…
Jarvy’s excuse is that she is Canadian & Karen is a caregiver…
Kim suggested that I tell them I am a felon…
Rosemarie was rejected as a juror which brought up a whole new possibility…
Have YOU ever given a ridiculous excuse to get out of jury duty? Sound off in the comments section below!
–Kim Berk, Fresh 102.7
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: email@example.com
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’