Legendary synth-rock pioneers Depeche Mode have announced that “Heaven” will be the first single from the band’s still-untitled 13th studio album, due for a spring 2013 release. The new song is set to hit retailers on February 5.
“I am very happy with how the album turned out,” said the band’s main songwriter Martin Gore in a press release. “The music has a similar vibe to Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion and I think the songs on the album are among some of the very best we’ve done.”
Depeche Mode kicks off a world tour in May with a show in Tel Aviv, Israel, although there are strong hints that the band could be on the bill for this year’s Coachella festival in April when the line-up is finally announced.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bette Midler Joins Team Shelton on ‘The Voice’
- Jason Derulo Drops Funky New Track ‘Kiss the Sky’
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs
- Elvis Presley’s Birth Certificate Up for Auction at Graceland
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthrax, Black Keys to Reissue Pink Vinyls for Gilda’s Club
- Drake’s Dad Stars in Arkells Video ‘Drake’s Dad’