Depeche Mode Set Feb. 5 Release Date For New Single, “Heaven”
Legendary synth-rock pioneers Depeche Mode have announced that “Heaven” will be the first single from the band’s still-untitled 13th studio album, due for a spring 2013 release. The new song is set to hit retailers on February 5.
“I am very happy with how the album turned out,” said the band’s main songwriter Martin Gore in a press release. “The music has a similar vibe to Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion and I think the songs on the album are among some of the very best we’ve done.”
Depeche Mode kicks off a world tour in May with a show in Tel Aviv, Israel, although there are strong hints that the band could be on the bill for this year’s Coachella festival in April when the line-up is finally announced.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You