Alicia Keys is getting fans ready for some football at this year’s Super Bowl.
The singer has confirmed she’ll be singing the National Anthem before the game on February 3. But don’t plan to hear the same old rendition you’re used to.
“It’s a historical moment, that day, so I’m looking forward to really doing it my style and my way,” she told MTV News. “I’m looking forward to really making it great.”
For her performance at another historical event- President Obama’s second Inaugural Ball— Alicia changed up the lyrics to her song “Girl On Fire” to “Obama’s On Fire,” singing “”Everybody knows Michelle is his girl / Together they run the world.”
Stevie Wonder, who like Alicia performed a medley of his hits at for the Obama’s at the Inaugural Ball, has also announced he’ll be playing a pre-Super Bowl party on February 2 in New Orleans. The show will feature blues guitarist, Gary Clarke Jr.
Watch the Super Bowl February 3 on CBS.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Hall & Oates Reflect on 4 Decades of Making Music
- Halsey’s ‘Hopeless Fountain Kingdom’ Features Quavo, Lauren Jauregui
- 2 Truths and a Lie Concert Edition: Karen & Jeffrey Get In on the ’10 Bands’ Facebook Trend
- OneRepublic Drop New Song ‘No Vacancy’
- Harry Styles Announces 2017 Tour
- Bruno Mars Adds Ludacris to Gucci Mane Remix of ‘That’s What I Like’