Jennifer Hudson Serenades The President and First Lady At Inaugural Ball
For the first dance of his second term, President Obama opted for a song he had sung himself once before, Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together.”
But for this very special occasion, he chose to have Jennifer Hudson serenade him and the First Lady instead of taking the song on himself.
JHud, looking slim in a floorlength black gown, kept things upbeat with the soulful song that sends an optimistic message, “whether times are good or bad, happy or sad,” we’re all in this together.
(MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images)
Jennifer also offered up a groovier first dance than the first time around when Beyoncé channeled Etta James for her classic ballad “At Last.”
Though it was the President’s big day, he was more than happy to share the spotlight with Mrs. Obama.
“She makes me a better man and a better president,” he said to introduce his wife. “I’m lucky to have her.”
(Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
For the second inauguration, Michelle stayed tride and true with Jason Wu, the designer who made her dress four years ago for the previous inauguration. The custommade halter gown in ruby red was made of chiffon and velvet.
The First Lady completed the look with a pair of matching red satin Jimmy Choo heels and a diamond ring made by Kimberly McDonald, according to USA Today.
(JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images)
This is only the second time that the First Lady has chosen the same designer for both of the inaugural balls. In the 80s, Nancy Reagan chose James Galanos to make her two dresses.
What did you think of Michelle’s dress? Was it better than last time?
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Enter to Win: One Direction at MetLife Stadium
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call