Beyonce Wows At Obama’s Swearing-In Ceremony
As Beyoncé made her way to the platform to sing the National Anthem, she stopped to kiss the 44th President of United States, Barack Obama, who had been sworn in for his second term only a short time earlier.
Stepping up to the mic, Bey, wearing a long black Pucci dress and emerald earrings from Lorraine Schwartz, seemed composed and ready as the U.S. Marine Band played the song’s first notes.
With her hair perfectly styled to the side, she started off quiet, but halfway through she flung the monitor out of her ear to hit the final big notes of the anthem.
Once she was done, she made her way back to hubby, Jay-Z, who along with Bey was a VIP guest of the President, sitting on stage during the swearing in, for a congratulatory hug.
Kelly Clarkson also participated in the festivities singing “My Country, ‘Tis Of Thee,” accompanied by the U.S. Marine Band.
Though she also started off quiet, Kelly broke out all the stops for the big finale. The American Idol winner even earned a kiss on the cheek from President Obama for a job well done and a “wow” from the Master of Ceremonies, New York State Senator Chuck Schumer.
James Taylor, who blew on his cold hands before grabbing his guitar, sang an acoustic version of “America The Beautiful” for the crowd.
What did you think of this year’s performances?
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Enter to Win: One Direction at MetLife Stadium
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch