Christina Perri Hits The Road For Charity
This month, Christina Perri is playing a few shows in support of two charities that are close to her heart.
The annual show raises money for the Voice Health Institute, which helps restore the speaking and singing voices of those who have lost or have been damaged by disease or trauma.
The institute’s founder, Dr. Steven Zeitel, has performed surgeries for singers like Adele, Julie Andrews and Perri herself, who is on the advisory board.
To follow-up that star-studded performance, Christina will head out on the write for a few acoustic concerts presented by To Write Love On Her Arms, a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. Each show will be a blend of music and conversation featuring artists like Jon Foreman of Switchfoot and indie band Now, Now.
The lovestrong singer will co-headline three dates from January 28 to January 30 in California.
Will Christina debut some of the new music she’s been working on? We’ll have to wait and see.
Go here for more information about Christina’s upcoming tourdates.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Bieber Talks To The New York Times About ‘Where Are U Now,’ But He Probably Should Have Kept His Mouth Shut
- Trey’s Fashion Faves from the 2014 MTV VMAs
- #OnTheList with Xtine: Trey & Ghia Bring The Noise
- Justin Bieber Look-Alike Found Dead Days After He Was Reported Missing
- Taylor Swift and Lisa Kudrow Perform ‘Friends’ Hit ‘Smelly Cat’
- Watch: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Drop ‘Downtown’ Video Ahead of VMA Performance