Phoenix, the critically acclaimed French band that broke out big-time with their 2009 full-length, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, recently announced their imminent return with a new album scheduled for release in April of this year.
Now the band has posted a bizarre, seizure-inducing update to their official website, with the words “PHOENIX BANKRUPT!” flashing in a rapid-fire eruption of color to announce the album’s title, Bankrupt.
Phoenix announced the new album title with a post to the French band’s Facebook page, giving fans a “photosensitive epilepsy warning.”
The act, responsible for 2009 hit singles “Lisztomania” and “1901,” also recently announced their return to the concert stage, booking a performance at the dual 2013 Rock am Ring & Rock im Park festivals, happening in Germany over the weekend of July 7-9. Other acts on the bill include Bad Religion, Green Day, Imagine Dragons, and more.
Speculation continue to swirl that Phoenix will be among the names for this year’s edition of the Coachella music festival when the much-anticipated line-up (rumored to possibly include the Rolling Stones and Daft Punk) is finally announced in the coming weeks.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Macarena’ Dance Lands Saudi Teen in Hot Water with Police
- Meghan Trainor Denounces Anti-Marriage Equality Ad Using Her Picture
- Taylor Swift Announces New Album ‘Reputation’
- Watch Mel B Throw Water on Simon Cowell
- Beyoncé to Collaborate with Laverne Cox on Upcoming Project
- The Killers Drop Haunting Video for ‘Run For Cover’