Phoenix Releases New Album Title With Seizure-Inducing Website Teaser
Phoenix, the critically acclaimed French band that broke out big-time with their 2009 full-length, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, recently announced their imminent return with a new album scheduled for release in April of this year.
Now the band has posted a bizarre, seizure-inducing update to their official website, with the words “PHOENIX BANKRUPT!” flashing in a rapid-fire eruption of color to announce the album’s title, Bankrupt.
Phoenix announced the new album title with a post to the French band’s Facebook page, giving fans a “photosensitive epilepsy warning.”
The act, responsible for 2009 hit singles “Lisztomania” and “1901,” also recently announced their return to the concert stage, booking a performance at the dual 2013 Rock am Ring & Rock im Park festivals, happening in Germany over the weekend of July 7-9. Other acts on the bill include Bad Religion, Green Day, Imagine Dragons, and more.
Speculation continue to swirl that Phoenix will be among the names for this year’s edition of the Coachella music festival when the much-anticipated line-up (rumored to possibly include the Rolling Stones and Daft Punk) is finally announced in the coming weeks.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Singing Nun Releases Debut Single and It’s Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin’
- Foo Fighters Will Play Chicago’s Wrigley Field Next Summer
- Lorde’s ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack to Feature Kanye West, Charli XCX, Tinashé
- You Are Not Alone: James Blunt Also Got Sick of Hearing ‘You’re Beautiful’
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen