Phoenix, the critically acclaimed French band that broke out big-time with their 2009 full-length, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, recently announced their imminent return with a new album scheduled for release in April of this year.
Now the band has posted a bizarre, seizure-inducing update to their official website, with the words “PHOENIX BANKRUPT!” flashing in a rapid-fire eruption of color to announce the album’s title, Bankrupt.
Phoenix announced the new album title with a post to the French band’s Facebook page, giving fans a “photosensitive epilepsy warning.”
The act, responsible for 2009 hit singles “Lisztomania” and “1901,” also recently announced their return to the concert stage, booking a performance at the dual 2013 Rock am Ring & Rock im Park festivals, happening in Germany over the weekend of July 7-9. Other acts on the bill include Bad Religion, Green Day, Imagine Dragons, and more.
Speculation continue to swirl that Phoenix will be among the names for this year’s edition of the Coachella music festival when the much-anticipated line-up (rumored to possibly include the Rolling Stones and Daft Punk) is finally announced in the coming weeks.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Little Mix Want Real Men in ‘You Gotta Not’: Listen
- Calvin Harris’ ‘My Way’ Video Subtweets Taylor Swift
- Amy Schumer Says Her ‘My Formation’ Video was Never a Parody
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Going Cat Crazy’
- Niall Horan and James Corden Get Seductive for Halloween with ‘Candy’
- New Destiny’s Child Instagram Account Fuels Reunion Rumors