Can a pair of jeans really help reduce cellulite?
That’s what the denim brand Wrangler claims with their new Denim Spa line, the first ever pair of moisturizing jeans.
The pants, modeled by Lizzy Jagger, Mick’s daughter with model Jerry Hall, incorporate skincare ingredients like aloe vera and olive extract that help protect your legs from the “dehydrating effects” of denim.
The new line comes in three finishes including Smooth Legs, which looks to prevent cellulite using shea butter, rosehip oil and monoi de Tahiti, which according to British Vogue is a Polynesian ingredient made using Tiare flower buds soaked in refined coconut oil.
Wrangler says the formula lasts between 67 and 95 washes with the effects of the ingredients lasting up to 15 days. The Denim Spa line will be available on January 28 for $136.
Though Lizzy claims in a video on Vogue’s website that the jeans made her legs feel “more silky than usual,” a 2009 study from Scientific American found that creams only target the fat cells and not the real culprit of cellulite: elasticity problems.
As for ways to banish those cottage cheese thighs, the study says stick to exercise rather than miracle creams.
But what do you think, can a pair of jeans help ward off cellulite?
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fresh 102.7’s Holiday Jam/Lexus VIP Experience Official Contest Rules
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly