Can a pair of jeans really help reduce cellulite?
That’s what the denim brand Wrangler claims with their new Denim Spa line, the first ever pair of moisturizing jeans.
The pants, modeled by Lizzy Jagger, Mick’s daughter with model Jerry Hall, incorporate skincare ingredients like aloe vera and olive extract that help protect your legs from the “dehydrating effects” of denim.
The new line comes in three finishes including Smooth Legs, which looks to prevent cellulite using shea butter, rosehip oil and monoi de Tahiti, which according to British Vogue is a Polynesian ingredient made using Tiare flower buds soaked in refined coconut oil.
Wrangler says the formula lasts between 67 and 95 washes with the effects of the ingredients lasting up to 15 days. The Denim Spa line will be available on January 28 for $136.
Though Lizzy claims in a video on Vogue’s website that the jeans made her legs feel “more silky than usual,” a 2009 study from Scientific American found that creams only target the fat cells and not the real culprit of cellulite: elasticity problems.
As for ways to banish those cottage cheese thighs, the study says stick to exercise rather than miracle creams.
But what do you think, can a pair of jeans help ward off cellulite?
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adele Will Perform at the GRAMMYs
- Listen to John Mellencamp’s New Song ‘Easy Target’
- John Mayer Reveals Motivation for ‘The Search for Everything Wave One’
- Jackie Evancho Prepares for Her Big Inaguration Gig
- Common Addresses Women’s Health at Gig for Planned Parenthood
- Solange, Esperanza Spalding Deliver at Peace Ball