A few months later, the band took things one step further. Partnering with Playing for Change, a multimedia movement created to “inspire, connect, and ring peace to the world through music,” the collective re-purpose Maroon 5’s single “Daylight.”
Filming several female singers throughout numerous locations around the world, the video combines footage of Maroon 5 performing live while mixing the female vocalists into the backing harmonies.
The video manages to blend many unique instruments unlikely found on any Maroon 5 record including an accordion, tribal drums and a didgeridoo. All profits raised from the release will go towards building music schools for children around the world.
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Mariah Carey & DJ Khaled Star in ‘Keys To Christmas’
- Lady Gaga Clarifies PTSD Comments
- Artists React to GRAMMY Nominations
- Stevie Nicks Adds Dates to ’24 Karat Gold’ Tour
- Madonna Expresses ‘Heartbreak’ & ‘Betrayal’ Over President-Elect Trump
- Busta Rhymes and the Roots Perform ‘My Shot’ from the Hamilton Mixtape