Jennifer Lopez is Happy For Ben Affleck, Even Happier In Love
Jennifer Lopez still has love for her exes.
The singer told Ellen that she is used to crossing paths with past beaus including former fiancé Ben Affleck.
At this year’s Golden Globes, the singer even gave Affleck a standing ovation for his Best Director win for Argo.
“It was a great movie,” Lopez said. “And, we [her and Affleck] got you know, a lot of…They were really hard on us in the press when we dated back in the day, on movies and things like that. So, it was a nice moment. It was a nice to see him have that moment. I was really happy for him.”
The press certainly did not make things easy for the couple, who started dating in 2002. Their every move was reported on, they were given the unfortunate couple name of ‘Bennifer’ and they also starred together in the box office bomb Gigli in 2003.
The couple broke of their engagement the following year blaming the media for their demise.
Affleck, who is now married to Jennifer Garner and has three kids, also admitted to Details last year that it was a rough time for him.
“I got shorthanded as That Guy: Jennifer Lopez, movies bombed, therefore he must be a sort of thoughtless dilettante, solipsistic consumer,” he said. “It’s hard to shake those sort of narratives.”
But for the ex-American Idol judge dating is a little easier now. She told People that her new boyfriend Casper Smart has helped her learn to love again after her divorce from Marc Anthony, who she was married to for seven years.
“I just got out of a big, heavy, devastating thing, and [Casper] helped me heal,” she said. “He’s been there for me.”
But as for what the future holds for JLo and the younger man in her life — Smart is 18 years her junior — Jennifer is open to the possibilities.
“The truth is we don’t know what’s going to happen,” she explained. “We’re loving this moment right now. We make each other happy.”
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images
- Adele Talks Motherhood and Bond at Golden Globes
- Adele Breaks Bond Curse At Golden Globes
- ‘Les Miserables,’ ‘Homeland’ Dominate Golden Globes
- Golden Globes 2013 Fashion: Who Wore It Best?
- PHOTOS: Best Dressed at the 2013 Golden Globes >
- PHOTOS: Worst Dressed at the 2013 Golden Globes >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé Got Bored and Decided to Film a Video for ’7/11′ in Her Hotel Suite: Watch
- Katy Perry Calls Out ‘Perverted’ Australian Paparazzi in Twitter Rant
- Ariana Grande May Be on Nicki Minaj’s ‘The Pinkprint’
- Peter Gabriel Debuts New Song ‘What Lies Ahead’ Live in Italy: Watch
- Sting to Attempt to Right Broadway ‘Ship’
- Enter to Win: Hozier in Concert