Elton John & David Furnish Welcome Second Son
After baby rumors last week, Sir Elton John and his husband, David Furnish, have finally made an official announcement regarding the birth of their second son. Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John, 8 pounds and 4 ounces, was born at 6.40 p.m. on Friday January 11, 2013 in Los Angeles via surrogate.
The couple’s statement: “Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement.”
John and Furnish have one other son together, Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, born Christmas day 2010 via surrogate. In an interview with Today last July (so after the couple’s surrogate was already pregnant with Elijah), John expressed a strong desire for Zachary to have a sibling, though he did not announce that they were expecting.
“When he’s four and he starts going to preschool kids will say, ‘You don’t have a mummy,’” John said. “And we know that. We talked about this before we had Zachary. And we’re gonna say, ‘Well, listen, there’s gonna be consequences involved in having a child when you’re two gay parents.’ And I want him to have a brother or a sister to go to school with him. And so that he can have someone to play with.”
John, 65, and Furnish, 50, wed in 2005 after 12 years together.
– Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards Reportedly End Engagement
- Zayn Malik Breaks Off Engagement to Perrie Edwards
- Gavin Rossdale May Have Cheated on Gwen Stefani With The Nanny
- Former Real Housewife of Beverly Hills Arrested for Shoplifting Allegedly Living In Her Car
- Lana Del Rey will Release ‘High By The Beach’ Single Next Week
- Taylor Swift Helps Australian Senior Citizens to ‘Shake It Off’