The very unscientific study was conducted by website Confused.com, which had four men and four women drive for 250 miles using the MotorMate safe driving app while listening to a particular soundtrack. The findings were reviewed by London University psychologist Dr. Simon Moore.
Using Dr. Moore’s calculations, Confused.com has created a Spotify ‘Ultimate Driving Playlist’ of the safest songs for driving, which includes Coldplay (“The Scientist”), Radiohead (“Karma Police”), the xx (“Angels”), Lana Del Rey (“Video Games”) and Frank Ocean (“Thinkin’ ‘Bout You”).
“If you want to encourage safe driving, you want to choose your own playlist…choose music that more or less maintains your resting body state,” says Dr. Moore in a video. “So anything between 60 and 80 beats per minute. Keep the noise levels down to a medium.”
The study also produced a list of the ten most dangerous songs for driving, which includes rockers like Guns ‘N Rose (“Paradise City”) and Nickelback (“How You Remind Me”) alongside rapper Kanye West (“Heartless”), pop provocateur M.I.A. (“Paper Planes”) and even late country legend Johnny Cash (“Get Rhythm”).
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’