Jukebox Jury: Are Boy Bands Getting Worse?
Welcome to Jukebox Jury, our new music debate show where experts face off and a jury of fans decides the winner.
THE CASE: Justin Timberlake may have dropped his big comeback single “Suit & Tie,” but he’s competing in a pop world that, in some ways, resembles the one he emerged in during his ‘N SYNC days. After ten years without major boy bands, they came back bigger than ever last year, once again thanks to the U.K. (anyone remember Beatlemania?). So it’s worth considering: Can One Direction and The Wanted – who barely even dance – compete with the ’90s boy band canon established by ‘N SYNC and Backstreet Boys? Is there something new to bring to this genre, or is it just about selling the product to a new group of eager, young consumers? Are boy bands better now than they used to be?
THE JURY: Vacation!, an all-female improv group that performs at The Peoples Improv Theater in NYC.
THE VERDICT: Watch to find out!
- Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lena Dunham Engaged? Not Until Gay Marriage Is Legal in Every State
- This Week On FM Magazine: The Ellen Hermanson Foundation
- Justin Bieber Apologizes to Fans After ‘Ellen’ Appearance: ‘I’m Not Who I Was Pretending to Be’
- Incubus to Premiere New Single, ‘Absolution Calling,’ on February 5
- Justin Bieber Teases New Music with Song Snippets
- Taylor Swift Patents Lyrics, Including ‘This Sick Beat’