Ryan himself recently told Celebuzz that while living in Florida during his days on The Mickey Mouse Club he lived in an apartment complex with “that guy A.J. [McLean] from the Backstreet Boys.”
“They were just forming that band, so he was saying how big they were going to be and he had a poster of them in his house,” he explained.
But, Ryan was skeptical of A.J.’s claims that they were going to be the next big thing.
“Didn’t they already do this with the New Kids?” he remembers telling a young A.J. “You’re a little late.”
Soon enough though, BSB was ruling the charts with their 2000 album, Millennium, which sold 10 million records in just 39 weeks and holds the title of fastest selling album in the shortest amount of time, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
So does Ryan regret not taking A.J. more seriously?
“I can’t live in the past man, I have to live in the now,” he explained. “That ship has sailed.”
He does wish though that A.J. and the rest of the boys would finally call him back. But A.J. did apologize about that.
This isn’t Ryan’s first brush with boy band stardom. The young Gosling co-starred with ‘NSyncers Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez on The Mickey Mouse Club, there’s even embarrassing video footage to prove it.
Though we never got a chance to see Ryan sing “I Want It That Way” we can still dream.
Watch the video below and just imagine all the missed possibilities.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Drake on Adele’s ‘Hotline Bling’ Remix Offer: “I’ll Do Anything with Adele”
- Chris Brown Pledges to Donate Portion of ‘Royalty’ Pre-Orders for Christmas
- Erykah Badu Shades Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Music Awards: “What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap”
- Win Walt Disney Records’ The Legacy Collection
- Win A Disney Holiday Gift Basket
- Win Passes To The NYC Premiere of ‘Daddy’s Home’