Annual No Pants Subway Ride Takes Place In New York City
Before leaving your home each day, high on your list of priorities is typically “put on pants.” And when you encounter a stranger in public in just their underwear, the natural thing to do is run away… as fast as you can.
This past Sunday (January 13) would have been the exception. Thanks to New York City-based Improv Everywhere and unseasonably warm January weather, more than 4,000 people gathered for the annual No Pants Subway Ride. Despite holding the event for the twelfth straight year, the majority of New Yorkers are still caught off guard.
Participants kept it casual in jeans and a hoodie before dropping trou, while some dressed up in tuxedos (half a tux, anyway). Those baring almost all ranged from babies (with parents, of course) in diapers to an 82-year-old man, who fortunately didn’t need one of his own.
The event isn’t exclusive to New York, with tens of thousands causing a scene in 60 cities and 25 countries.
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: email@example.com
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: email@example.com
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best