Katy Perry To Play Children’s Concert In Honor Of Obama
To celebrate President Obama’s swearing in, Katy Perry will headline the official children’s inaugural ball.
First Lady Michelle Obama and Vice President Joe Biden’s wife, Jill, will host the event, which takes place on January 19 in Washington, D.C. and honors military families, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Katy is just one of the many artists, including fun., Alicia Keys, John Legend, Marc Anthony, Usher, Stevie Wonder, Far East Movement, Mindless Behavior, Smokey Robinson and the cast of Glee, honoring the President this weekend at official inaugural galas.
This isn’t the first time the “Part of Me” singer has showed her support for those in uniform. She went patriotic for the 2010 VH1 Divas Salute The Troops singing “California Gurls” in an American flag bustier and donning a Jessica Rabbit-esque sparkly red gown for “Firework.”
What would you like to see Katy perform for the kids?
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Photo Courtesy of Michael Caulfield/Getty Images for VH1
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set