Cyndi Lauper’s Reality Show Proves She’s Not So Unusual
A new reality show on WE tv takes a look at the inner workings of Cyndi Lauper’s life.
But even though the show is called, She’s So Unusual, a nod to her 1984 debut album of the same name, she says her real life is anything but.
“I never thought I was different” she told The Hollywood Reporter. “I always thought everybody else was.”
The reality series, which premiered January 12, will focus on Cyndi’s day-to-day life from writing her new play, Kinky Boots, to her charitable work to her kicking back with her husband, actor David Thornton and 14-year-old son Declyn.
Cyndi hopes working women will watch the show, which she says is about the “struggle with the juggle,” and see themselves.
“For most women, it’s really hard to work and have a family, and we kind of want it all,” she said. “I think that people can relate because it’s about trying to do well and stay close as a family.”
No matter what she’s doing though, Cyndi swears it will be entertaining.
“We [originally] wanted to do a scripted comedy, “ she said. “But I realized that my life is a comedy, so we might as well film it.”
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Singing Nun Releases Debut Single and It’s Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin’
- Foo Fighters Will Play Chicago’s Wrigley Field Next Summer
- Lorde’s ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack to Feature Kanye West, Charli XCX, Tinashé
- You Are Not Alone: James Blunt Also Got Sick of Hearing ‘You’re Beautiful’
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen