Cyndi Lauper’s Reality Show Proves She’s Not So Unusual
A new reality show on WE tv takes a look at the inner workings of Cyndi Lauper’s life.
But even though the show is called, She’s So Unusual, a nod to her 1984 debut album of the same name, she says her real life is anything but.
“I never thought I was different” she told The Hollywood Reporter. “I always thought everybody else was.”
The reality series, which premiered January 12, will focus on Cyndi’s day-to-day life from writing her new play, Kinky Boots, to her charitable work to her kicking back with her husband, actor David Thornton and 14-year-old son Declyn.
Cyndi hopes working women will watch the show, which she says is about the “struggle with the juggle,” and see themselves.
“For most women, it’s really hard to work and have a family, and we kind of want it all,” she said. “I think that people can relate because it’s about trying to do well and stay close as a family.”
No matter what she’s doing though, Cyndi swears it will be entertaining.
“We [originally] wanted to do a scripted comedy, “ she said. “But I realized that my life is a comedy, so we might as well film it.”
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande Wants You to Drink More WAT-AAH!: See The Photos
- Mary Lambert Does One Mic, One Take Version of ‘So Far Away’ [Premiere]
- Mary J. Blige Turns Up the Dance Floor Heat with New Single, ‘Nobody But You': Listen
- Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video Deemed ‘Dangerous’ by the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- Jay Z-Solange Elevator Fight Recreated on ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Episode
- Puff Daddy Raves About Former Girlfriend Jennifer Lopez’s Booty