Bono, Peter Gabriel Highlight This Year’s TED Conference
The TED Conference will be sharing some ideas worth spreading from a pair of rock’n’roll greats in 2013. Bono and Peter Gabriel will be among the 70-plus speakers appearing at his year’s conference, titled “The Young. The Wise. The Undiscovered,” which takes place in Long Beach, California at The Terrace Theater from February 25 through March 1, 2013.
For years, the U2 frontman has utilized his fame to further aid social causes like hunger, poverty and disease. His non-profit ONE raises awareness for such causes via media, policy and calls to action. Bono will be speaking during Session 1: Progress Enigma on February 26th.
Peter Gabriel is scheduled to give his talk during Session 10: Secret Voices on February 28th. The former Genesis lead vocalist and longtime solo hitmaker that cofounded WITNESS, an organization that distributes digital cameras to people in order to document human-rights abuses.
The TED Conference has been held annually since 1990.
For those of you unfamiliar with TEDTalks, it’s a pretty simple concept. TED follows the ethos “Ideas Worth Spreading.” Their conferences gather some of the brightest and creative minds from across the globe who discuss technology, entertainment, design (TED) and much more… in 18 minutes (give or take). Thousands of these talks are made and became available to watch for free each day at ted.com.
If you’re curious, watch this TEDTalk from former Buddhist monk Andy Puddicombe, who explains how doing absolutely NOTHING for 10 minutes can better your life… in just under 10 minutes.
- E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- One Direction Announce 2015 Stadium Tour
- Iggy Azalea Takes on the Haters with ‘Iggy SZN': Listen