Style Files: Shades Of GRAMMY Red Carpets Past
There is no other awards show with a red carpet as eclectic and daring as the GRAMMYs. In the past it’s hosted everything from traditional evening wear to see-through and down-to-there outfits. From Jennifer Lopez’s infamous floral Versace to Taylor Swift in gold couture at last year’s ceremony, at the GRAMMYs anything goes.
In this edition of Style Files: Red Carpet Edition, celebrity stylist Orlee, who has created looks for Michelle Williams, Malin Akerman and Regina Spektor & celebrity hairstylist Martin-Christopher Harper, who has worked with Lady Gaga, Azealia Banks and Kanye West, talked us through the highs and lows of the GRAMMY red carpets past.
How To Do Sheer: Our experts love Jennifer Lopez’s classic, low-cut GRAMMY dress; were split on their support of Fergie’s daring 2012 Jean Paul Gaultier look; and agreed that Florence Welch schooled everyone on how to be bohemian on the red carpet with her 2011 peek-a-boo 2011 Valentino gown.
Rihanna Through The Years: No one has transformed on the red carpet since her 2007 debut more than Rihanna. She shows no allegiance from carpet to carpet for designers, styles or hair color. Orlee and Martin-Christopher applaud her highs, in 2007 and 2012, and break down her red carpet faux pas in 2011.
Country Queens: Talk about country strong — the experts weigh in on how country does the red carpet and find Carrie Underwood on the beauty patent side of the fence while Miranda Lambert would land a 10.0 — if this were ice skating. Taylor Swift, on the other hand, get a red carpet gold star.
-Courtney E. Smith, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bruce Springsteen to Perform Stand Up Comedy Set at Stand Up for Heroes
- Nick Jonas Can’t Help Getting ‘Jealous’ Over Real Life Girlfriend, Olivia Culpo in New Video: Watch
- Patti LaBelle Allegedly Ordered Bodyguard to Beat Cadet, Who Now Says He Suffered Brain Damage in Incident
- Neil Diamond Shares ‘Nothing but Heartache,’ the First Song from Upcoming ‘Melody Road’ Album
- Enter to Win: NJ Devils vs. NY Islanders
- One Direction’s Harry Styles Very Much Enjoys Kacey Musgraves’ Music