Katy Perry, Alicia Keys, fun. Recruited For Obama Inaugural Events
Obama’s camp has recruited the three acts for two official inaugural balls that will be held January 19 in Washington D.C. along with other artists like Usher, Smokey Robinson, Marc Anthony, Stevie Wonder, John Legend, Far East Movement, Nick Cannon, Mindless Behavior and the cast of Glee.
The lineup for the two galas, along with a children’s concert that is scheduled for the same day, have not been confirmed as of yet. But tickets for the Inaugural Ball, priced at $60, have already sold out.
Many of the artists on the bill were big supporters of Obama during his reelection bid like John Legend, Marc Anthony and Stevie Wonder, who wrote a song dedicated to the President.
Check here for more inaugural information.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
(Photo by John Gurzinski/Getty Images)
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nicki Minaj to Open 2015 MTV Video Music Awards
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- What is Selena Gomez Teasing?
- Preview New 5 Seconds of Summer Song ‘Jet Black Heart’
- Fifth Harmony Check in to Haunted Hotel for ‘I’m in Love with a Monster’ Video
- Nicki Minaj Shares Ultrasound Photo ‘Big News Coming Today’