Dave Grohl’s ‘Sound City Players’ To Include Smear, Hawkins, Novoselic, Wilk, Nicks, Fogerty And More
The Sundance Film Festival is about to be rocked. As previously reported, Dave Grohl‘s Sound City film, a documentary about the storied L.A. studio, will make its public premiere at the annual festival. In addition, Grohl will perform with “The Sound City Players” — a group that will include Grohl’s fellow Foo Fighters Pat Smear, Taylor Hawkins, Chris Shiflett and Nate Mendel, his former Nirvana bandmate Krist Novoselic and a few other notables, including Rage Against The Machine‘s Brad Wilk and hardcore punk rock icon, Lee Ving of Fear. The group will also feature musical icons Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick and Rick Springfield.
Taking place on January 18 at Park City Live, the tickets sold out quickly after the line-up was announced on Wednesday (January 9).
Grohl’s film looks into the history of the legendary L.A. studio, and features interviews with Nicks, Fogerty, Nielsen and Springfield, as well Tom Petty, Lars Ulrich of Metallica, Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails and even Barry Manilow. The film’s soundtrack includes collaborations with many of the artists he interviewed.
— Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- James Bay’s ‘Let It Go’ Featured During Rumba on Dancing with the Stars
- Britney Spears Takes On Suzanne Vega’s ‘Tom’s Diner’, with Help from Giorgio Moroder
- Adam Levine is Bald and It Makes Me VERY Sad
- Rachel Platten Continues Promoting Positivity with #StandByYou
- Rihanna, The Weeknd, Selena Gomez to Play Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- Ariana Grande Teases ‘Focus’ Cover