In an effort to get politicians to stop dancing around the issues, MC Hammer will be joining Vice President Joe Biden to address the Winter Meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington, DC.
According to the Washington Post, the speakers will address a wide range of topics, including deficit reduction, economic growth in high unemployment areas, gun control, school safety, Hurricane Sandy and immigration.
Other notable speakers scheduled for the luncheon are Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan, Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, Rep. James McGovern (D-Mass.) and pollster John Zogby.
While Stanley “Hammer” Burrell danced his way to fame in the late ’80s, he has always exhibited a patriotic flair. After the 9-11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, MC Hammer rapped a patriotic tribute, “No Stoppin’ Us (USA)” in which several members of congress appearing in the video.
The Conference of Mayors, which kicks off January 17, is expecting more than 270 mayors.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Why Did Drake Cut Kanye and Jay Z from ‘Views’?
- Justin Timberlake Pokes Fun at ‘It’s Gonna Be May’ Meme
- Who Are the Twins from Drake’s ‘Views’?
- Tom DeLonge on New Blink 182, Future with Band
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- Iggy Azalea’s Advice on Social Media Trolls: ‘Don’t Take the Bait’