In an effort to get politicians to stop dancing around the issues, MC Hammer will be joining Vice President Joe Biden to address the Winter Meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington, DC.
According to the Washington Post, the speakers will address a wide range of topics, including deficit reduction, economic growth in high unemployment areas, gun control, school safety, Hurricane Sandy and immigration.
Other notable speakers scheduled for the luncheon are Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan, Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, Rep. James McGovern (D-Mass.) and pollster John Zogby.
While Stanley “Hammer” Burrell danced his way to fame in the late ’80s, he has always exhibited a patriotic flair. After the 9-11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, MC Hammer rapped a patriotic tribute, “No Stoppin’ Us (USA)” in which several members of congress appearing in the video.
The Conference of Mayors, which kicks off January 17, is expecting more than 270 mayors.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Excitement, Concern Ahead Of Saturday’s Annual SantaCon
- Hear Lorde’s New Song ‘No Better’
- Beyoncé Sells 80,000 Copies of Her New Album in Three Hours
- New Music to Know: Drake Collaborator Sampha Brings His British Soul Across the Pond
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker
- Vampire Weekend, Beck, Fiona Apple, on Starbucks Covers Compilation