With the show’s 12th season set to premiere January 9, Mariah sat down with Barbara Walters to open up about her new judging gig and of course, her relationship with Minaj.
During the sit-down, Mariah addresses the spat the two ladies had back in October during auditions in North Carolina that had many wondering if there was trouble in Idol paradise.
Mariah admitted to Walters that the incident scared her.
“It felt like an unsafe work environment,” she said. “Anytime anybody’s reeling threats at somebody, you know, that’s just — it’s not appropriate.”
The singer still stands behind her initial claims that at the end of the fight, Minaj said off-camera, “If I had a gun I would shoot that b****.” Minaj denies these allegations calling them “fabricated.”
But Mariah says the off-hand remarks convinced her to take action.
“I’ve got two babies. I’m not going to take any chances,” she said. “Yeah, I did hire more security. I just felt it was the appropriate thing to do.”
Though Mariah swears the two have since made up, at this week’s Television Critics Association press conference things got a little heated when the fight in North Carolina came up, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
When asked about the exchange over three months ago, Carey said it “was sort of one-sided,” only to have Minaj say it wasn’t.
What’s the one thing Mariah thinks they can agree on though? How great her shoes are.
That’s certainly one way to help them make nice.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs
- Elvis Presley’s Birth Certificate Up for Auction at Graceland
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthrax, Black Keys to Reissue Pink Vinyls for Gilda’s Club
- Drake’s Dad Stars in Arkells Video ‘Drake’s Dad’
- Kenny Chesney Duets with P!nk on ‘Setting the World On Fire’
- Prince’s Family Plans Minneapolis Tribute Concert