Morrissey Brings The Drama With “Action Is My Middle Name” Live On ‘Letterman’
After being forced to postpone a U.S tour last year after his mother fell ill, legendary British singer Morrissey launched his rescheduled American jaunt with a rousing and dramatic performance of “Action is My Middle Name” on Late Night with David Letterman last night (January 8).
With his backing band dressed in matching crisp white shirts, Morrissey whipped his microphone cord and emoted heavily through an inspired performance of the unreleased song. It’s taken from an allegedly completed album that has yet to see the light of day, primarily because the former lead singer of revered ‘80s band the Smiths is currently without a record label.
“Labels for the most part want to sign new discoveries so that that label alone is seen to be responsible for the rise of the artist,” he told Pitchfork last year. “There are no risks taken with music any more. No social commentary songs, no individualism. This is because everyone is deemed instantly replaceable.”
The fiery Letterman performance ended with Morrissey making the Sign of the Cross as his drummer struck a large gong behind the stage.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Bieber Talks To The New York Times About ‘Where Are U Now,’ But He Probably Should Have Kept His Mouth Shut
- Trey’s Fashion Faves from the 2014 MTV VMAs
- #OnTheList with Xtine: Trey & Ghia Bring The Noise
- Justin Bieber Look-Alike Found Dead Days After He Was Reported Missing
- Taylor Swift and Lisa Kudrow Perform ‘Friends’ Hit ‘Smelly Cat’
- Watch: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Drop ‘Downtown’ Video Ahead of VMA Performance