Morrissey Brings The Drama With “Action Is My Middle Name” Live On ‘Letterman’
After being forced to postpone a U.S tour last year after his mother fell ill, legendary British singer Morrissey launched his rescheduled American jaunt with a rousing and dramatic performance of “Action is My Middle Name” on Late Night with David Letterman last night (January 8).
With his backing band dressed in matching crisp white shirts, Morrissey whipped his microphone cord and emoted heavily through an inspired performance of the unreleased song. It’s taken from an allegedly completed album that has yet to see the light of day, primarily because the former lead singer of revered ‘80s band the Smiths is currently without a record label.
“Labels for the most part want to sign new discoveries so that that label alone is seen to be responsible for the rise of the artist,” he told Pitchfork last year. “There are no risks taken with music any more. No social commentary songs, no individualism. This is because everyone is deemed instantly replaceable.”
The fiery Letterman performance ended with Morrissey making the Sign of the Cross as his drummer struck a large gong behind the stage.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Rita Ora Takes Topless Photos to Promote New Chris Brown Collaboration
- Janelle Monáe Announces The EEPHUS Tour
- This Week On FM Magazine: City Parks Foundation’s Summerstage 2015
- Taylor Swift Meets her Godson: See The Very Cute Photo
- Miguel Shows Off His Walk ‘With a Gangster Lean’ in ‘NWA’ Video with Kurupt
- Watch Justin Bieber ‘Bless’ His Fans on ‘Knock Knock Live’