The three big names will perform on the Capitol steps as part of Obama’s public inauguration ceremony.
Bey will sing the National Anthem for Obama’s second inauguration ceremony. The singer is making a repeat appearance for the President. Back in 2009 she sang Etta James’ “At Last” as the President and First Lady, Michelle Obama shared their first dance at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball.
James will perform “America The Beautiful,” while Kelly will take on “My Country, ‘Tis Of Thee,” previously performed by Aretha Franklin in 2009 when an estimated 1.8 million people gathered to watch the nation’s first black president be sworn in.
While we’re excited to see Kelly perform, we’re more excited to see what kind of hat the American Idol winner will wear to top Aretha’s much talked about chapeau.
The President, who officially takes his oath at the White House on January 20, will also be joined by the 2013 inaugural poet, Richard Blanco, the son of Cuban exiles.
The Presidential Inaugural Committee will announce more ceremonial participants in the upcoming weeks.
-Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Mystery Man Lamar Odom, Ellen’s Marriage Is Fine & Bruce Willis Got Punched: It’s the Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- Willie Nelson Teams Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Barbie Digital Makeover Mirror
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again