Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson Set To Perform At Obama’s Inauguration
The three big names will perform on the Capitol steps as part of Obama’s public inauguration ceremony.
Bey will sing the National Anthem for Obama’s second inauguration ceremony. The singer is making a repeat appearance for the President. Back in 2009 she sang Etta James’ “At Last” as the President and First Lady, Michelle Obama shared their first dance at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball.
James will perform “America The Beautiful,” while Kelly will take on “My Country, ‘Tis Of Thee,” previously performed by Aretha Franklin in 2009 when an estimated 1.8 million people gathered to watch the nation’s first black president be sworn in.
While we’re excited to see Kelly perform, we’re more excited to see what kind of hat the American Idol winner will wear to top Aretha’s much talked about chapeau.
The President, who officially takes his oath at the White House on January 20, will also be joined by the 2013 inaugural poet, Richard Blanco, the son of Cuban exiles.
The Presidential Inaugural Committee will announce more ceremonial participants in the upcoming weeks.
-Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion