In this week’s Winter TV preview issue of Entertainment Weekly, fans will notice superstar Jennifer Hudson gracing the cover alongside her new Smash co-stars Megan Hilty and fellow American Idol-er Katherine McPhee.
Hudson is just one of the many famous faces adding a little star power to the second season of the show that focuses on the trials and tribulations of making it big in the Broadway world.
Though Smash doesn’t premiere until February 5, EW has an exclusive clip of Hudson singing her character Veronica ‘Ronnie’ Moore’s scene-stealing ballad “I Can’t Let Go”
In the clip, Hudson gives a hair-raising performance of this Smash original written by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (Hairspray), entrancing all the show’s regulars along with her controlling mother played by Sheryl Lee Ralph. If it’s any indication from this one clip, the show’s new season will definitely be one to watch.
Fans who just can’t get enough of the music from Smash will soon be able to get their hands on the original songs featured in both seasons of the show.
– Britt Bickel, 94.7 The WAVE
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé and Rita Ora Pose Together at Met Gala, Shut Down ‘Becky’ Rumors
- Bono and Lupita Nyong’o Dedicate Broadway Performance to Abducted Girls
- ‘Hamilton’ Sets All-Time Tony Nominations Record
- Kevin Durant was Surprised to Hear His Name in Drake’s Song
- 2016 Met Gala: Behind the Scenes with Music Royalty
- Pearl Jam to Release Single Featuring Beyoncé