In this week’s Winter TV preview issue of Entertainment Weekly, fans will notice superstar Jennifer Hudson gracing the cover alongside her new Smash co-stars Megan Hilty and fellow American Idol-er Katherine McPhee.
Hudson is just one of the many famous faces adding a little star power to the second season of the show that focuses on the trials and tribulations of making it big in the Broadway world.
Though Smash doesn’t premiere until February 5, EW has an exclusive clip of Hudson singing her character Veronica ‘Ronnie’ Moore’s scene-stealing ballad “I Can’t Let Go”
In the clip, Hudson gives a hair-raising performance of this Smash original written by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (Hairspray), entrancing all the show’s regulars along with her controlling mother played by Sheryl Lee Ralph. If it’s any indication from this one clip, the show’s new season will definitely be one to watch.
Fans who just can’t get enough of the music from Smash will soon be able to get their hands on the original songs featured in both seasons of the show.
– Britt Bickel, 94.7 The WAVE
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Selena Gomez Confirms Marshmello Collaboration
- Fergie Reveals ‘Double Dutchess’ Tracklist
- Demi Lovato Spills Details On Her Upcoming Album
- Watch Madonna Forget the Words to Her Own ‘B-Day Song’
- James Corden and Lin-Manuel Miranda Perform ‘Hair’ in LA Traffic
- Fresh 102.7’s ‘Women’s Weekend of Winning’