Jessica Simpson Calls Motherhood ‘Challenging’
Being a working mom isn’t easy, just ask Jessica Simpson.
The singer-turned-designer told People motherhood is “best thing I’ve ever experienced – and the most challenging.”
On some days, the Fashion Star host said, she’s awake before her little 7-month-old Maxwell Drew is and comes home after she’s already gone to bed.
“I get really sad if I don’t get to see her,” she said. “And then when Maxwell sees me, she just stares at me and touches my face. I can tell she missed me. That breaks my heart.”
With baby number two on the way, things are about to get even more challenging for Jessica, but she thinks her and her fiancé, Eric Johnson are ready for it.
“We’re both learning together,” she said. “But it’s fun because we both get to grow in our relationship together.”
Sometimes she’s even surprised by how maternal she is.
“I never knew how protective I was until I had my own child,” she said. “I’m already thinking about intruders coming into the house and what our escape route would be.”
-Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Combine in a Big Way for New Song ‘Bang Bang': Listen
- Hilary Duff Returns with Sun-Drenched Comeback Single ‘Chasing the Sun': Listen
- Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin’s Best Live Acoustic Performances
- Coldplay Donates $17,000 to Terminally Ill Fan
- Chris Martin Is Coming To Fresh