Being a working mom isn’t easy, just ask Jessica Simpson.
The singer-turned-designer told People motherhood is “best thing I’ve ever experienced – and the most challenging.”
On some days, the Fashion Star host said, she’s awake before her little 7-month-old Maxwell Drew is and comes home after she’s already gone to bed.
“I get really sad if I don’t get to see her,” she said. “And then when Maxwell sees me, she just stares at me and touches my face. I can tell she missed me. That breaks my heart.”
With baby number two on the way, things are about to get even more challenging for Jessica, but she thinks her and her fiancé, Eric Johnson are ready for it.
“We’re both learning together,” she said. “But it’s fun because we both get to grow in our relationship together.”
Sometimes she’s even surprised by how maternal she is.
“I never knew how protective I was until I had my own child,” she said. “I’m already thinking about intruders coming into the house and what our escape route would be.”
-Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Legend Proposes Changing National Anthem
- Jimmy Eat World Premiere New Song “Sure and Certain”
- Chris Brown Investigated by Police at Los Angeles Home
- Alicia Keys To Honor Clive Davis At 13th Annual Black Ball Benefit In NYC
- Flea, Tom Morello, Other Performers Pay Respects to Gene Wilder
- Apollonia Appears at ‘Purple Rain’ Celebration