Did Coachella Just Announce The Rolling Stones As 2013 Headliner?
Goldenvoice, the promoter behind Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, CA just dropped a hint that is not going ignored.
The festival’s April 12th date appeared on The Stones’ official iPhone app in December but was quickly pulled, appearing to be a glitch. Jagger claims now to know nothing of the Coachella appearance – but the Indio, California festival itself is hinting otherwise. Last night, Coachella’s continuing set of lineup clues rolled out a curious photo showing a round object nestled in middle of the Empire Polo Field. Is that a rolling stone? Check out the photo below, via Coachella’s Facebook page.
According to Rolling Stone, The Stones have not played a formal festival gig in the U.S. since Northern California’s Altamont Speedway Festival in 1969.
Coachella’s lineup will be announced later this month.
- Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Maroon 5 Finally Find More Than a Friend in ‘It Was Always You’
- Single Again: Eve 6 – ‘Inside Out’
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Join Forces for Sassy New Song ‘Bang Bang’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Q&A: La Roux Faces Sexism Amid Her Summery, ’70s Sci-Fi Album ‘Trouble In Paradise’