One of the great things about riding the subway is the Metro! I love reading this paper when I’m on the 1 Train heading uptown and hoping to catch the 2 or 3 Express at 14th Street.
That never happens when you need it to!
Anyway, on Wednesday I was headed up to Macy’s in Herald Square and (of course) missed the express, but it turned out that it gave me time to find a great article in the Metro… “What 2013 Has In Store for New Yorkers.”
Well, I’m a New Yorker! So I want to know what’s ahead for me in the New Year…
This morning, we tracked down Danielle Tcholakian from Metro so she could share the 13 things that 2013 has in store for us city dwellers; including a new mayor, cell phone calls from the subway, the All-Star game and smaller sodas!
What Are the Top 5 Things We Should Expect?
Well Here You Go:
1. New mayor takes city reins
2. New Yorkers displaced by Sandy may return home
3. Big gulps no more
4. MTA fare hike shocker
5. Cell phone calls from the subway
Danielle Tcholakian, author of the article for The Metro, called in to the show this morning to chat with us about all of the wonderful (and perhaps NOT so wonderful) things 2013 will bring.
Most of all, for work at least, Danielle says she is looking forward to checking her email on the subway.
Kim agrees, as long as people will not have the ability to talk on their phones while underground. Jim thinks it’s asking for trouble, with all of the iPhone thefts that have been happening lately. Jim suggests iPhone vending machines to help out.
Jim also has questions about the bike sharing program that is coming to the city, otherwise known as bike theft back in Jim’s day.
One thing that’s not on Danielle’s list: Flagging down taxis with your cell phone.
Once again, this confuses our pal Jim, who just assumed you always had the option to do this by just throwing your phone at the cabbie.
Jim’s really pushing this iPhone vending machine idea. Make it happen, Bloomy!
- More @ Metro: What 2013 Has In Store for New Yorkers
–Kim Berk & Joe Cingrana, Fresh 102.7
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: email@example.com
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- This Week In Late Night TV: Thirty Seconds to Mars, The National, Jake Bugg
- Blink-182 Plans Auction To Assist Oklahoma Tornado Survivors
- Barbra Streisand Set To Perform in Israel
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power